We are hiring and currently have a job opening for a full-time Apprentice Accountant to join our friendly team in our Weybridge office
At Atek, we pride ourselves on our personal and forward-thinking approach; therefore, the successful candidate will happily get to know their clients’ businesses inside out. The apprentice accountant role would suit an individual with an interest in starting their accounting career. The company will support the successful candidate through the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification.
About the team
The Atek team is a friendly bunch who all work to add value to every part of the business, providing our clients with top-notch service. The team provides compliance work, bookkeeping and value-added services, including on-going support, to ensure clients are provided with information relevant to their businesses.
What you will be doing
As an Apprentice Accountant, you will be responsible for communicating and working directly with your assigned clients. Your responsibilities will include:
- Reconciliation of client bank accounts
- Purchase ledger management for multiple clients
- Preparation of VAT returns for review
- Preparation of client confirmation statements
- New client set-ups, including the preparation of client engagement letters
- Manage relationships
What you bring
- You have clear verbal and written communication skills in order to retrieve and communicate specific information internally and externally.
- You have strong organisational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong IT/Microsoft Office (Excel) skills
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills with the ability to challenge data
- Able to work to deadlines both internally and externally
- GCSE English & Maths A*-C / 4-9 or level 2 equivalents
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job within a growing business
- A modern, relaxed work environment with a dedicated and motivated team
- An opportunity to make a difference and help our clients reach their business goals
How to Apply for the Apprentice Accountant Role
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see where our office is located, please see our Contact Us page.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to learn more about Atek.